On a daily basis I am asked, "Why should I sell my products on Yahoo!?"
I love answering this question and usually tell them the top six reasons I have been with Yahoo! for the last 9 years.
You see, I started my first online store the end of 2000 selling software like Microsoft and Adobe. I became very successful and with the help of Worldwide Brands, began to open over 10 additional stores using nothing but drop shipped items. I soon learned the art of search engine optimization and how wonderful it was to receive free targeted traffic to my websites.
Yahoo! made some amazing updates along the way and after 9 years, I still feel it is the best ecommerce platform available for small to large retailers.
So let me explain why.
1. It's Easy - If you can click a button that says, "Section;" you can add a new section to your store. If you can click a button that says, "Item;" you can add a new item to your store. Yes, it truly is that easy. My 80 year-old grandfather decided to open a Yahoo! Store this last year after seeing just how simple the Yahoo! Store was to set up.
2. It's SEO Friendly - Yahoo! Stores are set up with CSS friendly design. That means that the back end code is nice and clean for the search engines to get to the most important stuff... your products. We have a test website that we use for teaching people. It reached number 1 in Google and Yahoo! without any links or being open for business!
3. It's Secure - Yahoo! has some of the most secure software available. Your customer's information is also secure when you log into the administrative side of your website. Should a hacker get into your first password, they have to figure out a second password in order to view your customer's credit card information. This helps you to be PCI complaint with your merchant account company!
4. It's Informative - The Yahoo! Store will show you where your visitors are coming from, what keywords got them to your website, and how many of them converted over into sales. This information is crucial when it comes to making the right decisions to increase your conversion rates.
5. It’s Inexpensive - For less than $40 a month, you can add up to 50,000 products to your store. While eBay and Amazon charge anywhere from 5-15% transaction fees, Yahoo!'s transaction fees are only .75-1.5%. If you were to sell $10,000 a month, that is a savings of over $15,000 a year.
6. It's Scalable - Whether your business is large or small, the Yahoo! Small Business platform is ready to take you to the next level. After Lance Armstrong was on Oprah, sales went through the roof! Yet his Yahoo! Store was able to handle it all with ease.
As you can see, Yahoo! Stores ROCK!
If you are thinking about starting a Yahoo! Store, don't take my word for it. Give it a try yourself!
Take a look at the videos WorldwideBrands.com and 1Choice4YourStore.com have done together. You can access them from the link under eBiz Solutions in this newsletter - here on the right
Webinar with Shawna Fennell on Monday August 10th at 9:00pm EST. Click the banner below to register to attend. You can also sign up for our other upcoming webinars from that page.