affiliate marketing - A Meeting of the Minds - EBay's Affiliate and Developers Programs
by Chris Malta
Something for Everyone
It doesn't really matter whether you're an experienced web designer or new to eCommerce altogether. The ways you can profit through these programs are only limited by your imagination. The following are examples of creative ways people are cashing in:
- UnwiredBuyer.com is an application developed and monetized by an affiliate to call buyers' phones when auctions they've bid on are about to expire. It even lets buyers bid from their phones so they never miss an item.
- OnlyeBay.com is a random blog put up by an enthusiast/affiliate. Their eBay-enabled content site speaks to people who are interested in the latest eBay news, and earns money for them by directing traffic to eBay's site.
- Displaying eBay sales and auctions for items that complement their web site's product line, or would interest their target audience, but that they themselves don't carry.
- Creating a comparison shopping site that pulls from eBay as one of its inventory sources, and send buyers to eBay.
- Creating a site for PlayStation 3 enthusiasts, using the ad content widget to show visitors all current eBay sales and auctions for PS3s, as well as PS3 games and accessories.
Affirms Lewis, "A lot of people have had great success with our programs — they're terrific business opportunities."